We are looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher for a 2.5-year full time post. This position is funded by The Marine Institute, Ireland, and is available from 1st of August 2020. If necessary, it may be possible to arrange a later start date.
The successful candidate will be based at the National University of Ireland Galway and contribute towards a recently awarded project in the field of Ocean Modelling. The project is aimed at improving forecasting skill of the Marine Institute operational modelling system. The successful candidate will work with colleagues in the Marine Institute Ireland to reduce model uncertainties in the MIOMS through data assimilation and soft modelling techniques in order to improve the performance of the MIOMS.
- Conduct research (both independently and as part of a team) in the area of ocean model development by application of data assimilation techniques and machine learning algorithms to the existing operational modelling system platform.
- Assist with optimization of MI observational network and analysis of modelling results.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners.
- Assist with the coordination of research activities and actively contribute to research outputs to meet project milestones.
- Participate in and/or present at conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required.
- Assist with the supervision of PhD and research students.
To view details of this job, please see the attached document or click on the link below:
For an informal information please contact Dr Indiana Olbert by email Indiana.firstname.lastname@example.orgIndiana.email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm Monday 22th June 2020