Lecturer - Department of Ocean Sciences Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
The Ocean Sciences Department at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science is seeking a full time Lecturer to teach 4 courses per semester for the Marine Science program. The incumbent will also manage the Marine Science laboratory and be responsible for advising students.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Lecturer courses for the Marine Science, including at least one section of the Introduction to Marine Science and/or Survey of Oceanography
- Manage Marine Science undergraduate teaching laboratory (Introduction to Marine Science Laboratory, Chemical Oceanography Laboratory and/or Introduction to Physical Oceanography Laboratory) and instruct multiple (typically 2-4) sections of these laboratories
- Coordinate with Program Directors and Instructors to determine needs of individual courses and laboratory inventory
- Ensure safety compliance and training in laboratory
- Facilitate maintenance of laboratory equipment and computers
- Advise students on academic curriculum
- Interact with prospective students to promote program
A Ph.D. in Marine Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related field is required. Must have teaching experience at the university level and experience with marine science teaching laboratories.
Submit applications to:
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click herehttps://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/eo-ada/index.html for additional information.