- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Promote diversity as actively as possible and create awareness of the associated gaps/challenges and discrimination that currently exist within the scientific community.
- Connect with organisations
- Maximise the impact and connectivity of the IAPSO Early Career Network by liasing with other national and international networks.
- Liaise with the Executive committee
- Provide advice from the Early Career Network to the IAPSO Executive Committee and communicate key agenda from the IAPSO directive back to the IAPSO Early Career Scientist Network.
- Organise events
- Organise early career events at biannual IAPSO assemblies that may include mentoring, outreach activities and networking between early career scientists and senior researchers.
Danielle Su (France, member): Danielle started her journey as an oceanographer moving from one island (Singapore) to another (Australia) and recently completed her PhD at The University of Western Australia investigating flow topography interactions around islands in the Northern Indian Ocean. Now at the LOCEAN Laboratory in Paris, she is delving into the world of biogeochemistry. Enjoys hiking and good wine, especially if done together.
Prasad Padalkar (India, member): Prasad is a research scholar working with Prof. Parthasarthi Chakraborty at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India. His research deals with understanding the biogeochemical cycling of mercury in tropical coastal environments. In particular, he investigates how the elemental form of mercury controls mercury pollution and the effect of climate change stressors on cycling of mercury in coastal waters.